The plugin is hosted here: wordpress.org/plugins/redistats/
Our plugin does the following
- Upon activation displays an admin message with a link pointing to the settings.
- You save the details in the settings and they are verified with a hash.
- Adds the tracking script in the footer of all the blogs. (can be turned off)
- Adds a button in the admin of all the blogs to view stats in their admin via an iframe. (optional)
- Works on a single blog as well as on multisite.
- No ads and no branding.
- Global stats of all the blogs on your multisite.
- Stats are collected and processed in real time.
- High performance with no additional load on your server.
- This plugin is just 3 PHP files with around 200 lines of code in total.
- Download the zip file and use the the WordPress plugin uploader (or extract and add to the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation) and then activate the Plugin from the Plugins page.
- Go the plugin settings and follow the steps.
In the settings you have to choose a Global ID and if you are using multisite it is important that you don't have any other stat properties in this Global ID. The Property ID's will automatically be based on the blogs ID numbers.
- Version 0.1, 30 july 2013: open beta release.
The plugin is open source (GPL v2) and is hosted here on Github. Pull requests are welcome.